GDPR has changed how schools need to operate...
“There’s a lot in the GDPR you’ll recognise from the current law, but make no mistake, this one’s a game changer for everyone.”
“To meet the challenges I’ve described, we need to move from a mindset of compliance to a mindset of commitment: commitment to managing data sensitively and ethically.”
“Accountability is at the centre of all this: of getting it right today, getting it right in May 2018, and getting it right beyond that.”
Information Commissioner 18 January 2017
The Essential Service
- A member of the team will be the named DPO for your school.
- The team will assist with Subject Access Requests and FOI requests.
- Be the first point of contact with individuals requesting data and reporting breaches.
- Ongoing remote support to your school.
- Contactable by phone or email at anytime we will be there to help answer any GDPR inquiries to make sure you are compliant.
- Assistance with model policies and privacy notices.
- A training session for staff/governors and other interested parties about the GDPR implications and how to best manage data.
- This training could be a Twilight session, part of a staff meeting, or part of an INSET day.
- Regular updates to changes with data protection regulation and best practice
- Guidance and practical tips from our extensive network of schools on how to best stay complaint.
Audits and on site visits can be arranged with an additional fee.